I’ve had some interest and inquiry lately into my own skincare routine. I often help clients with skin issues like acne, dryness, or eczema, so I’m sharing some of my favorite products here today! I like to keep things simple & honestly don’t use many fancy products for my own skin. I have to give thanks to a local Austin apothecary, Sabia, for carrying such an amazing selection of natural skincare & introducing me to some of these gems:
Thayer’s Witch Hazel with Rose / Weleda Rose Day Cream:
- Rose can treat redness and inflammation. It has been transformative for my own skin to use rose-infused products. These two grocery-store bought items are always in my cabinet and make my skin feel super soft, soothed, and calm.
Environmental Cleanser by Inventive Eco-Organics:
- This cleanser was a big tool for me in achieving problem-free skin. It has grapefruit seed and oregano oil, MSM, aloe juice, rose hip oil and lavender water… these agents fight bacteria, reduce inflammation, hydrate, help collagen synthesis, and it smells divine. As I’m relatively minimal with my products- this is my splurge and I buy it at Sabia here in Austin www.sabia.com. I massage my cleanser into my skin for at least a full minute or even more to really circulate and the move the blood/qi through my whole face. I’m certain this is a crucial part of the “cleansing” step for your skin. Thanks to my friend Elizabeth, the gifted aesthetician at Neu Skin Austin, for teaching me this lesson!
Jojoba oil / Fig and Yarrow Face Serum:
- Jojoba oil has done wonders for my skin. Jojoba oil stimulates collagen synthesis, acts similar to our own sebum and can balance dry skin OR oily skin. It can help with wound healing and acne and is a great natural makeup remover. So many uses for jojoba - even to help stimulate hair growth and use on dry scalps.
RMS Beauty products:
- RMS Organics is the only makeup brand I currently use on my skin - with their Uncoverup Concealer and Lip2Cheek color pot. I even mix a tiny bit of concealer with 2 drops of jojoba oil to thin it out & make my face feel hydrated and dewy all day. This makes your product last forever too! RMS is coconut oil based and feels extremely nourishing on your skin. My favorite beauty line by far.
Gua Sha for Face:
- And what is that jade stone tool up there at the top? That’s my gua sha face tool! Gua Sha is a scraping technique similar to massage that we use in Chinese medicine to stimulate blood and lymph circulation, move qi & blood, and dispel toxins and stagnation from the body. Gua Sha can be used on your face for anti-aging beauty purposes! I love the glow & revitalizing feeling it gives to my face. Hoping to make a Gua Sha for face video soon so all of you can start this simple practice at home. ♡